The Spa at Pinehurst
Opened in March 2002, The Spa at Pinehurst is a 31,000-square foot facility that features 28 private treatment rooms and more than 50 different treatments. Situated adjacent to the historic Carolina Hotel, the Spa at Pinehurst is influenced by its location in the North Carolina Sandhills. Its signature treatments incorporate the scents of the region: holly berry, peach, magnolia and pine.
The exterior of The Spa at Pinehurst was designed to match the Carolina Hotel in Spanish Colonial style, including its signature copper roof. The design incorporates details of the first buildings in the 100-year old resort, including a front façade reminiscent of the conservatory that once stood near the original Carolina Hotel. The architect was Jung/Brannen Associates of Boston; design architect Rau & Associates of Richmond, Va., Spa consultant Health Fitness Dynamics of Pompano Beach, Fla.
- The Spa includes 28 private treatments each with individual climate and sound controls.
- Six spa suites are located in the private confines of the inner depths of the Spa, which include three private treatment rooms (hydrotherapy, wet and massage), plus a central resting salon. Many have private balconies, as well.
- The Salon within the Spa includes hair, makeup and nail stations to accommodate 15 guests simultaneously. This includes the luxurious massaging pedicure chairs.
- The fitness center includes state-of-the-art Cybex equipment with individual TVs, free weights and pilates balls.
- Treatments include more than 40 services, ranging from 30-minute therapeutic baths to daylong packages.
- In the center of the Spa is a large seating and relaxing area, and a three-lane lap pool with a whirlpool. Each changing area/locker room includes whirlpools, sauna and steam room for both men and women.
- A team of Spa experts, landscape architects, botanists, chemists and historians was assembled to help the Spa reflect the essence of Pinehurst. The result recreates the scents of Pinehurst with products inspired by natural materials from the region.
- Spa treatments include a menu of offerings for both men and women. Golfer’s massages and male pedicures are among our more popular men’s services.
- The Spa Boutique carries the complete line of Sothys facial products used at the Spa at Pinehurst, as well as our line of creams and bath products, aromatherapy candles, apparel and gift items.
- Spa appointments are highly suggested in advance by calling 910-235-8320. Spa suites can be reserved at no extra charge for two or more people, based on availability.
- Spa packages are available for bridal parties, mother/daughter getaways, couples or golfers